The Grizzly Custom 1894 Outback Guide Scout rifle is chambered in .44 Magnum, and features a full-length 10-round magazine tube. The rifle is capable of firing any of the same ammunition that the factory rifle will. The rifle features an American black walnut stock set and a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad to lessen felt recoil, which is recontoured to facilitate easier mounting & dismounting. A set of rugged XS ghost ring sights are included for fast target acquisition, in addition to a Scout rail for optics.
The action has been completely massaged to eliminate any and all feeding or ejection issues, and to provide the smoothest operation possible. The trigger is reworked to give a clean break at approximately 3 pounds, as well as having the trigger shoe straightened, smoothed, and polished for a much more comfortable feel. The rear of the hammer is bobbed to ease the the discomfort on your thumb.
Here is a link to an article on a similar package posted on September 14, 2017.
The sharp edges on the factory lever have been dehorned for blood-free operation. The same applies to any sharp areas on the outside of the receiver as well, all dehorned and blended.
One of the weakest points of the Marlin lever action rifles is the receiver to butt stock connection, one pinch bolt at the rear of the tangs squeezing the stock. This weakness has been overcome by the installation of Grizzly’s through-bolt stock retention system, similar to that used in a Remington 870. The stock and forend are bedded to the rifle as well.
After all of the modifications are completed, the rifle is sent out for a Cerakote finish. Black is the standard color and two-tone is available for a slight additional charge.
The final product is sighted-in at 50 yards prior to delivery. If optional optics are ordered, they are sighted-in also.
The completed rifle weighs in at 6 pounds 12 ounces, has a length-of-pull of 13-1/2 inches, and is 37 inches long.
If you need one and I am out of stock, I should have more in-stock within 30 days, hopefully less.
The 1894 Outback Guide Scout includes the following:
- Marlin 1894 Chambered in .44 Magnum
- Barrel length 20 inches
- Barrel re-crowned w/11° target crown
- 10-round, full-length magazine tube
- American black walnut stock set
- Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad, contoured for easier mounting & dismounting
- Extensive action tuning to feed a variety of ammunition
- Trigger job on factory components
- De-horned factory lever loop
- Complete action dehorning
- Bobbed hammer
- Trigger shoe straightened & smoothed
- Dehorn loading & ejection ports, inside & out
- XS Sights ghost-ring rear sight
- XS Sights ramped front sight with high visibility insert
- XS Sights Scout scope rail
- Finished in black Cerakote
- Modified loading gate for easier loading
- Extensive action smoothing
- Factory follower
- Bed stocks
- Through-bolt stock retention system
- Test fired & sighted-in
Add $400 for the optional Leupold 2.5x FX-II Scout scope & 1″ QRW rings, mounted & sighted-in.
Add $700 for the optional Leupold 1.5-5x VX-R Scout scope & 30mm QRW rings, mounted & sighted-in.
Add $50 for two-tone Cerakote finish.
If you have an 1894 that you would like to have modified, you may use coupon code ‘1894’ at checkout to reduce the price by $550.
Shipping, handling, hard case and insurance will be $125.
The price of $2,895 includes the rifle, and requires delivery to your FFL for transfer to you. If you chose to use a credit card for your purchase, a 4% fee will be included at checkout.