The Grizzly Custom 1895CBA Hard Chrome rifle is a full-power, stainless steel .45-70 Government rifle featuring a full-length 6-round magazine tube. The rifle is capable of firing all .45-70 loads, up to and including the devastating Garrett 540 grain Hog Stompers. The rifle features walnut stocks with a hand-rubbed oil finish and a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad to lessen felt recoil, which is re-contoured to facilitate easier mounting & dismounting. A set of rugged XS ghost ring sights are included for fast target acquisition.
The action has been completely massaged to eliminate any and all feeding or ejection issues, and to provide the smoothest operation possible. The trigger is reworked to give a clean break at approximately 3 pounds.
The sharp edges on the factory lever have been dehorned for blood-free operation. The same applies to any sharp areas on the outside of the receiver as well, all dehorned and blended.
One of the weakest points of the Marlin lever action rifles is the receiver to butt stock connection, one pinch bolt at the rear of the tangs squeezing the stock. This weakness has been overcome by the installation of Grizzly’s through-bolt stock retention system, similar to that used in a Remington 870. The stock and forend are bedded to the rifle as well.
The final product is sighted-in at 50 yards prior to delivery.
The completed rifle weighs in at 6 pounds 4 ounces, has a length-of-pull of 13½”, and is 36½” long.
The 1895CBA Hard Chrome includes the following:
- Marlin 1895CBA Chambered in .45-70 Government
- Barrel length 18.5 inches
- Barrel recrowned w/11° target crown
- 6-round, full-length magazine tube
- Walnut stock set w/ hand-rubbed oil finish
- Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad, contoured for easier mounting & dismounting
- Extensive action tuning to feed everything up to & including Garrett 540 grain Super Hard Cast loads
- Trigger job on factory components
- Dehorned factory lever loop
- Complete action dehorning
- XS Sights ghost-ring rear sight
- XS Sights ramped front sight with high visibility insert
- Hard chrome satin finish
- Modified loading gate for easier loading
- Extensive action smoothing
- Bed stocks
- Through-bolt stock retention system
- Test fired & sighted-in
Shipping, handling, hard case and insurance will be $125.
The price of $2,795 includes the rifle, and requires delivery to your FFL for transfer to you. If you chose to use a credit card for your purchase, a 4% fee will be included at checkout.