The Grizzly Custom 336 Outback Guide Scout rifle is chambered in .30-30 Winchester, and features a full-length 6-round magazine tube. The rifle is capable of firing all conventional .30-30 ammunition. The rifle features laminated brown/black stocks with a basket weave Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad to lessen felt recoil, which is recontoured to facilitate easier mounting & dismounting. A set of rugged XS ghost ring sights are included for fast target acquisition, in addition to a Scout rail for optics.
The action has been completely massaged to eliminate any and all feeding or ejection issues, and to provide the smoothest operation possible. The trigger is reworked to give a clean break at approximately 3 pounds, as well as having the trigger shoe straightened, smoothed, and polished for a much more comfortable feel. The rear of the hammer is bobbed to ease the the discomfort on your thumb.
Here is a link to an article on a similar package posted on September 14, 2017.
The sharp edges on the factory big loop lever have been dehorned for blood-free operation. The same applies to any sharp areas on the outside of the receiver as well, all dehorned and blended.
One of the weakest points of the Marlin lever action rifles is the receiver to butt stock connection, one pinch bolt at the rear of the tangs squeezing the stock. This weakness has been overcome by the installation of Grizzly’s through-bolt stock retention system, similar to that used in a Remington 870. The stock and forend are bedded to the rifle as well.
After all of the modifications are completed, the rifle is sent out for a Cerakote finish. Black is the standard color and two-tone is available for a slight additional charge.
The final product is sighted-in at 50 yards prior to delivery. If optional optics are ordered, they are sighted-in also.
The completed rifle weighs in at 7 pounds 9 ounces, has a length-of-pull of 13-1/2 inches, and is 36-1/2 inches long.
If you need one and I am out of stock, I should have more in-stock within 30 days, hopefully less.
- Marlin 336BL, chambered in .30-30 Winchester
- Barrel length 18.5 inches
- Barrel re-crowned w/11° target crown
- 6-round, full-length magazine tube
- Laminated stock, brown & black
- Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad, contoured for easier mounting & dismounting
- Extensive action tuning to feed a variety of ammunition
- Trigger job on factory components
- De-horned factory large lever loop
- Complete action dehorning
- Bobbed hammer
- Trigger shoe straightened & smoothed
- Dehorn loading & ejection ports, inside & out
- XS Sights ghost-ring rear sight
- XS Sights ramped front sight with high visibility insert
- XS Sights Scout scope rail
- Finished in black Cerakote
- Modified loading gate for easier loading
- Extensive action smoothing
- Factory follower
- Bed stocks
- Through-bolt stock retention system
- Test fired & sighted-in
Add $425 for the optional Leupold 2.5x FX-II Scout scope & 1″ QRW rings, mounted & sighted-in.
Add $750 for the optional Leupold 1.5-5x VX-R Scout scope & 30mm QRW rings, mounted & sighted-in.
Add $50 for two-tone Cerakote finish.
If you have a 336BL that you would like to have modified, you may use coupon code ‘336BL’ at checkout to reduce the price by $500.
Shipping, handling, hard case and insurance will be $125.
The price of $2,795 includes the rifle, and requires delivery to your FFL for transfer to you. If you chose to use a credit card for your purchase, a 4% fee will be included at checkout.