The Grizzly Custom 1894 Semi-Auto Pistol Carbine in 45acp is now available on your Marlin 1894 donor rifle. This is due in no small part to the folks at Ranger Point Precision (RPP). RPP was the originator of the process I am using. They have decided to focus on creating and selling quality aftermarket parts instead of building custom rifles, and were kind enough to share their secrets. After several telephone discussions, I had the please of spending a long weekend at their shop in June to familiarize myself with the conversion process. So, if you need a lever gun chambered to match your favorite semi-auto, now is your chance!
Due to the required bolt face size for the 45acp cartridge, the donor 1894 rifle should be chambered in either .44 Magnum or .45 Colt. As part of the conversion process, virtually every internal part of the Marlin is modified.
To see our 10mm Auto conversion, follow this link: https://grizzlycustom.com/product/marlin-1894-semi-auto-pistol-carbine-10mm-auto/
The base 1894 Semi-Auto Pistol Carbine Short-Stroke conversion includes the following:
- New stainless or chrome-moly barrel, cut to 16.25″
- Receiver threads are reamed and recut oversize, in-line with the bolt, and the receiver face is trued
- New barrel is threaded to match the new, oversize, receiver threads; chambered; headspaced; polished feed ramp; extractor slot cut
- Crown barrel with 11° target crown
- Bolt is modified for new controlled-round feeding
- Carrier is modified to accommodate shorter round
- Timing is adjusted for proper round handling
- Ejector moved forward for shortened stroke (no external evidence of this modification)
- New extractor installed and modified for proper feeding & extraction
- New lift profile is cut into the control blade of the lever
- New lever stop installed on the trigger plate
- Extensive action tuning to feed and eject smoothly
- Lever & receiver are modified for short-stroke operation
- Trigger job, crisp 3# pull
- Full-length mag tube is installed
- XS Sights ghost-ring rear sight installed
- XS Sights ramped front sight w/ high-visibility insert installed
- Barrel & mag tube finished to match rifle
- Test fired and sighted-in at 50 yards
The Semi-Auto Pistol Carbine conversion may also be combined with many of the other packages that Grizzly has to offer.
Other options may be added individually as well. Here is a partial list of available options:
- Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad
- Dehorn factory lever loop
- Enlarged lever loop
- Complete action dehorning
- Bobbed hammer
- Trigger shoe straightened & smoothed
- Marlin floppy trigger fix
- Dehorn loading & ejection ports
- Stainless steel, finished to match original
- Modify loading gate for easier loading
- Stainless follower
- Through-bolt stock retention system
- Bed stocks
- Octagon barrel contour or larger round contour similar to 1895 (requires modified forend minimum)
- Stocks; new, painted, refinished, etc.
- XS Sights Scout scope rail, red dot rail, etc
- Thread barrel for suppressor
- Thread protector
- Hard chrome or Cerakote
The price of $2,495 includes return ground shipping to you (in the lower 48).
A 50% deposit will be required (payable w/ cash, check, money order, ACH transfer, etc. No credit cards.), with the balance due upon completion. If you chose to use a credit card to complete the final 50% your purchase, a 4% fee will be included at checkout.